Sunday, July 24, 2005

Encore une fois ...

Once more I return to Bombay.

I have my new credit card. With many thanks to the wonderfully friendly staff of the Australian Consulate, I finally collected the replacement. The piece of plastic that will enable me to take the next part of the journey. Unfortunately, you can neither cash Amex travellers cheques in Iran, nor is the ATM network connected to the global system. But in these countries, where there's a will, there's a way. I'm just playing safe and making sure I have back-up. Don't wanna be caught with out it ... you get the picture.

I've decided to lodge a claim with the insurance company, and hopefully be compensated for the stolen camera. Other than that, it has been a very quiet visit to Mumbai. I simply organised my ticket to Delhi and hung out at hostel, chatting with others and realising that I'm very close to saying goodbye to India and heading into a new country.

I'm becoming a little excited about Pakistan. I'm ready for a change.

No comments: